Sure it would be nice if your were always thought of as irresistible to your partner and nothing could possibly turn them off. But it’s just not true, take it to far and things could take a big turn for the worse. So how do you avoid sex sabotage? Here are eight sex tips from Glamour.com that will ensure you don’t put out the fire.
1. Knock His Socks Off—and Yours – Sleeping in socks sounds innocent, but it’s the gateway drug to sweatpants, ratty T-shirts and your high school retainer. It can be hard to relinquish your bedtime uniform of oversize flannel pants and fuzzy socks, but if you keep your feet bare, the rest of your body—and theirs—tends to follow.
2. Cut Down on Your Getting-Ready Time The more time you take to primp, the less they may want to undo your efforts. While drying, curling, spraying and contouring are meant to seduce them, the high-maintenance prep session can actually backfire. The sooner you can finish beautifying in the bathroom, the more they’ll want to meet you in the bedroom.
3. Leave the Licking for them – They know you adore your dog/cat/bunny, but are you taking it too far? It’s fine to be affectionate with your four-legged friend, but save the heavy petting for your lover.
4. Don’t Turn Them Into Your BFF – Save the female-bonding activities for your actual girlfriends (think mimosa brunches, shoe shopping and chick flicks) and focus on date nights that appeal to both sexes.
5. Leave the Laptop Alone – It starts off innocently. You’re in the mood, you start exploring and the next thing you know, an hour has passed surfing Facebook! Instead of paying attention to the person in bed with you, you’re looking at your former roommate’s sister’s ex-boyfriend’s vacation photos. Save your social-media addiction for your lunch hour or risk losing your “in a relationship” status.
6. Stop Waiting for the Right Time – Procrastination isn’t sexy. They don’t care if you washed your hair today or you’re wearing underwear that should have been retired three years ago. Forget the stubble and the body insecurity and have sex whenever you get the chance—sex is too good to miss.
7. Don’t Laugh – Your partner loves when you laugh at their jokes. They absolutely hate when it happens under the covers. Whether it’s an unintentional tickle or an ill-fated attempt at a new move, getting the giggles kills their concentration.
8. Hide the Stuffed Animals – You might have a strong attachment to cuddling with Mr. Snuggles, but the person in your life doesn’t want to share space with a stuffed animal. If you want something warm to cuddle with in the middle of the night, reach for your partner.